Youth MHFA Champion Course (1 Day)
This 1 Day course qualifies you as a Youth MHFA Champion covering:
- – Understanding common mental health issues and their impact and affect young people
- – How to spot signs of mental ill health in young people and how to guide them to a places where they can find support
- – Knowledge and confidence in spotting signs of mental health issues
- – Skills to support positive wellbeing
The Importance of Understanding Common Mental Health Issues Affecting Young People
When mental health issues in young people go unrecognised or unresolved it can, and usually does, produce a rash of long-term negative consequences. Until recently, silence has been the default response to mental health issues among the young, usually because people simply have no tools for dealing with these issues. That’s where the Youth MHFA Champion Course comes in.
This important course provides a basic understanding of common mental health issues affecting young people and teaches students how to spot the warning signs of various mental health issues. It also provides an all-important framework you can fall back on to guide the individual toward the help they need in a supportive, non-judgmental, non-threatening fashion.
Perhaps the biggest factor preventing people from getting involved in a practical way with others experiencing mental health issues is the stigma attached to those issues. For centuries people with mental and emotional problems were characterised as demonically possessed, weak-natured or bad actors, or branded with pejorative terms like “psycho” or “lunatic”. Such words and actions scared off others who might have been otherwise inclined to help.
Getting beyond this type of superstition-based finger-pointing, scar-mongering and innuendo is the key first step in being able to help troubled individuals transcend the difficulties that have befallen them through no fault of their own. That’s what Mental Health & Life is all about, and that is what the Youth MHFA Champion Course can help the average person achieve: the ability to intervene when necessary in a productive fashion.
Knowledge is Power
Our mission is to give you the power to make a real, positive contribution to the life of a person in need. The courses we offer are every bit the moral equivalent of any CPR or emergency first aid course offered by any organisation anywhere. If average people are trained to intervene during physical emergencies, they should also be trained to offer productive assistance if someone is experiencing a mental or emotional emergency. That is exactly what this Youth MHFA Champion Course will enable you to do.
£130 per person*
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor
Special offers for group booking are available for both in-house and open course dates
£1500 for a groups of up to 10
£2650 for groups of up to 16
Please call for group bookings!
- This is a 1 day classroom based face to face course
- Learning will take place via a mix of presentations combined with group discussions and workshop activities
- Numbers limited to 16 people per course ensuring people are getting the correct level of support during their learning
On completion you will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Youth MHFA Champion
- A Youth MFHA manual to refer to whenever you need it after your course
- Reference card for the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- A workbook and a toolkit to support your own mental health
- Why Youth MHFA One Day?
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Eating disorders
Call us for group and corporate bookings or select date for open courses nationally.
Let’s Mentally Flourish!
There are no reviews yet.