£120 per person*
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor
Special offers for group booking are available for both in-house Online and open course dates
£1300 for a groups of up to 15*
Please call for group bookings!
This course will train on theory and practice of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any professional or personal setting. The course is delivered over 3 hours as a suicide prevention awareness session.
The programme gives the learner skills needed to identify someone who may be suicidal or have suicidal ideation and to signpost the person to a suicide first aider
Delivered via tutor facilitated Socratic learning with tutor-led role-play and mini lectures. The course includes group work and audio-visual presentations.
The course contains interactive elements and is an emotionally engaging learning experience and includes:
Included on this course:
- Course delivery
- Trainer fee
- Training resources & materials
- Certificates of attendance
- Introduction to the session; programme, ourselves and suicide prevention
- Stigma and survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll
- Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
- Intention of behaviour versus outcome of behaviour
- Possible causes of suicide thoughts
- Suicide –the ripple effect
- ‘I’m really glad you told me’ audio visual
- Meeting the needs of a person who is thinking about suicide
- Suicide Safety Guide
- Recognising and asking about suicide
- Referring a person onto suicide first aiders
Let’s Mentally Flourish!