£150 per person*
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor
Special offers for group booking are available for both in-house and open course dates
£1400 for a groups of up to 10
£2200 for groups of up to 16
Please call for group bookings!
- This is a 1 day classroom based face to face course
- Learning will take place via a mix of presentations combined with group discussions and workshop activities
- Numbers limited to 16 people per course ensuring people are getting the correct level of support during their learning
On completion you will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it after your course
- Reference card for the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- A workbook and a toolkit to support your own mental health
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Call us for group and corporate bookings or select dates for open courses nationally
Let’s Mentally Flourish!
Why Choose Us
Mental health first aid is a relatively new concept in the field of mental health, but it’s quickly gaining traction as an important means of addressing mental health issues.
The MHFA training covers an introduction to mental health and mental illnesses, recognising different signs of mental illness, responding to a crisis situation, and connecting a person with treatment options. It’s important to learn more about this unique program that can help you help others.
At Mental Health & Life, we are committed to bringing mental health issues to the forefront of society in order to ensure its acceptance. In doing so, we can help spread awareness and broaden the general understanding of what mental health consists of.
Knowledge is power. And if more people have greater knowledge of this widespread medical crisis, they will have the power to make a difference in the lives of others.
At Mental Health & Life, we are dedicated to bringing greater awareness of mental health issues and concerns. After all, our founder, Richie Perera, started Mental Health & Life after living a large part of his life unaware that he, too, suffered from mental health disorders.
It was only after numerous appointments that Richie was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and mixed depression. As such, we believe that others who suffer from mental health issues should receive the immediate care and attention that they deserve.
Benefits of This Course
When you take part in our Adult MHFA Champion Course, you will gain a better understanding of common mental health issues. And as such, you will be able to identify signs of potential mental health illnesses.
Your newfound knowledge will give you the confidence to be a powerful advocate for spreading awareness. In this day and age, it is more important than ever for those suffering from mental illnesses to have strong support options.
With the training you receive, you will be better equipped to assist those who need support and guidance.
Don’t Delay—Sign Up Today
We invite you to take advantage of this one-day course so that you can help us strengthen mental health support everywhere. We have strength in numbers, and you can help make a difference where it matters by taking part in our program. We hope to see you there!