£250 per person*
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor
Special offers for group booking are available for both in-house and open course dates
£2250 for a groups of up to 10
£3500 for groups of up to 16
Please call for group bookings!
- This is a 2 day classroom based face to face course divided into 4 sections
- Learning will take place via a mix of presentations combined with group discussions and workshop activities
- Sessions build around a Armed Forces Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Numbers limited to 16 people per course ensuring people are getting the correct level of support during their learning
On completion you will get:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are qualified as an Armed Forces Mental Health First Aider
- An Armed Forces MFHA manual to refer to whenever you need it after your course
- Why MHFA for the armed forces community?
- Military culture
- What is mental health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- Mental health issues – violence and the criminal justice system
- The five steps of Mental Health First Aid
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Crisis first aid for suicidal behaviour
- First aid for depression
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Actions for suicidal behaviour and depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- Vicarious trauma and burnout
- Eating disorders
- Treatment and resources for self-harm and eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder
- Symptoms and risk factors for psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- What is anxiety?
- When is anxiety a problem?
- Signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- The impact of trauma
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Crisis first aid for panic attacks
- Crisis first aid for acute stress reaction
- Action planning for using MHFA
Call us for group and corporate bookings or select date for open courses nationally.
Let’s Mentally Flourish!