£120 per person*
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor.
£750 for a groups of up 6-10
£1450* for groups of up to 10-16
Please call for group bookings!
- This is a half day online/classroom based course
- Learning will take place via a mix of presentations combined with group discussions and workshop activities
- Numbers limited 16 people per course ensuring people are getting the correct level of support during their learning
On completion you will be awarded:
- A Mental Health First Aid Refresher certificate
- Course materials that includes a combined manual and workbook
- In-depth understanding of mental health and factors that impact wellbeing
- Skills to spot triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to start a conversation, reassure and support a person
- Training on soft skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to signpost someone to further support
Call us for group and corporate bookings.
What Will I Learn?
The MHFA Refresher course covers the following topics:
- Review of mental health first aid action plans
- How to de-escalate a crisis
- The importance of self-care
- Legal and ethical considerations
- How to have difficult conversations about mental health
- How to support someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis
- How to recognise the warning signs of suicide and what to do if someone is suicidal
When you have completed the MHFA Refresher course, you will be able to:
- Describe what mental health first aid is and its key components
- Explain the importance of mental health first aid
- List the different types of mental health first aid
- Describe the MHFA action plan
- Explain how to use the MHFA action plan
- Describe the importance of self-care for mental health first aiders
- List the legal and ethical considerations for mental health first aiders
- Describe how to have difficult conversations about mental health
- Explain how to support someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis
- Describe the warning signs of suicide and how to support someone who is suicidal
- Explain how to support someone who is self-harming
- Describe how to support someone who is experiencing anxiety or depression
At Mental Health & Life, we provide you with invaluable tools that you can use in your everyday life to support not only your own mental health and well-being but also the mental health and well-being of others.
Our MHFA Refresher course is one way in which we can do this. If you are interested in completing the MHFA Refresher course, we invite you to get in touch with us today. You may also choose your preferred course date listed on this page to get started. We look forward to seeing you!
#Let’s Mentally Flourish!